There is a term “Old School Maintenance”. This philosophy suggests an often tried & true approach to certain services by recommending attention more frequently than the manufacturer recommends. Our effort at Best Motor Werks is to offer the best scheduled maintenance for your BMW/MINI by recommending maintenance services that may truly make a difference. The reality is that some repairs, many of them expensive, could have been avoided if the extra care to maintenance items was accomplished. The first three items in the list below are noteworthy to this end. Just as we bear personal responsibility in taking care of our physical health, so in caring for your vehicle, the owner should always give attention to having fluids checked or changed and give heed to warning indicators or note when something doesn’t feel or sound right. If you own a MINI or BMW with an oil dip stick you should purposely check the oil level monthly. Coolant level should be observed at the reservoir at the same time. We will be happy to check these fluids for you as needed or if you are in doubt.
List of many maintenance procedures performed:
- Oil service every 5,000 to 7,500 miles maximum (depending on driving style), including oil & filter or at least every 2 years for low miles driven.
- Transmission fluid (especially automatic), as early as 60K yet by 100K-mi.
- Transfer case & Differential fluids at the same interval as the transmission, depending on vehicle
- Brake System Inspection and fluid change every 2 years
- Exhaust System Inspection
- Battery/ Charging system Inspection and Registration
- Drive Belts & Pulleys
- Brake fluid every 2 years
- Coolant, every 5 years if needed
- Wiper Blades
- Engine & Cabin Air Filters
- Set tire pressures, check tire wear
- Annual/Winter Inspections or Trip Checks
- Check for critical fluid leaks
- Fuel Filters are no longer a frequent requirement